OTHER INDICATIONS OF HAIR RESTORATION SURGERY
Hair restoration surgery can be used to treat:
- An accident or burn affecting the scalp.
- Excessive and repeated traction on the hair.
- A face lift during which the side burns have disappeared or the front hairline has receded.
- Other areas can also be treated, such as: eyebrows, eyelashes, moustache, beard, pubic hair.
- Correction of scars of any origin.
- Lowering of a high forehead.
- It is also possible to treat hair loss due to some medical causes such as scarring alopecia or certain types of tumour.
- Repair of badly treated cases.
Young woman who had a scalp burn when she was one year old.
Treatment by scalp-extension and Frechet Flap. (note that no grafting technique could offer such a result).
Hair loss due to excessive traction.
Photos before and after treatment by microstrip grafts
Repairing the scars and creating sideburns after a facelift.
Photos before and after treatment.
Left - Before treatement by Dr. Fréchet : punch grafts poorly placed producing a doll’s hair effect.
Right - After treatment by Dr. Frechet using different varieties of grafts.
|Left:||Before treatment: typical case of a vertex treated by transplants. A few years later the surrounding hair has fallen creating this non aesthetic aspect.|
|Right:||After treatment by Doctor Frechet. Using the extender, combined with the Frechet Flap, the bald scalp and the misplaced transplants have been removed. The small area of baldness left can now be grafted densely and aesthetically.|